Add new Guest Book entry
Vincent J. Albanese, 63, lived in Huntington Station but grew up in Syosset, and attended Syosset High School. He passed away from cancer caused by his exposure to toxic dust at Ground Zero.
Albanese "loved a good time" and the party always started when Albanese got there.
He "showed courage at an early age" recalled by Bill Chabina, when a time when he, Albanese and some other friends were in the woods and decided to start a fire because it was cold, but it out of control. Chabina said everyone panicked and ran, "except Vinny," who started throwing dirt on the fire, and as he was throwing dirt told everyone to come back and help.
Chabina said they came back and put out the fire, and that Albanese always knew what had to be done. That was a sentiment echoed by others who knew Albanese during his many years in the FDNY and in the National Guard, where he also served.